Plot Time: 16:30pm - 19:00pm
Weather: Hot and sunny all day!
Sharps Express, Vales Emerald and Rocket potatoes now in.
We have new seedlings! The Purple Haze carrots are sprouting as are the cucumbers!
- We dug a trench about a foot and a half deep.
- Lined the trench with a good layer of homemade compost
- Sprinkled in some potato fertiliser, bought from our allotment shop.
- Sprinkled some Grow Organic fertiliser on top
- Added a thin layer of earth so that the potato tubers aren’t sitting directly on fertiliser.
- Watered the trench with a couple of watering cans
- Placed the chitted potatoes about a foot apart in trench
- Back filled the trench with dug out earth
N.B. Scaffolding boards are pretty useful on an allotment. We use one to mark a straight line whilst digging rows. Standing on it also helps distribute weight which helps prevent the soil compressing after digging. At a scaffolding yard, if you ask for part damaged on purchasing it can work out a lot cheaper. They have to get rid of them anyway.